Do your workouts feel boring? Try Fitness Blender for variety! The site offers free workouts in accordance with your needs: you can choose the duration, format and focus of your workouts. Win!
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
- Special rates for UCSD Health employees
- $0 Initiation Fee for the Executive Club Southern California Membership
- 2 Private Training or Private Yoga sessions
- 1 Private Pilates session
- 1 30-minute Private Swim lesson
- 1 30-minute Private Tennis lesson
- 1 free massage or dinner for two at the 77 Social Club
- Month-to-month membership
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- Contact Maggie Stevens for a complimentary 3-day trial at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-519-3302
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
The average American gains 1-5 pounds over the holiday season and usually does not lose it. Over time, it can add up! To encourage and support weight management and healthy habits over the holiday season, UC San Diego Health Employee Benefits offers a 7-week Maintain Don’t Gain Challenge from November 14, 2016 – January 7, 2017. This Challenge is sponsored by Kaiser Permanente and provides participants with tools, motivation and education to maintain weight throughout the holiday season. During the first and last weeks of the challenge there are weigh-ins and weigh-outs. Weekly emails with tips, resources, and challenges will be sent to all participants. Participants will receive incentives for participating including a 30-day Build-a-Meal booklet and an opportunity to win a mountain bike!
1. Register now to take the Maintain Don’t Gain Challenge
2. Record your Week 1 weight on the Tracking Form
3. Read your weekly Challenge emails for tips, resources, and motivation
4. Track your weight weekly using the online Tracking Form (only Week 1 and Week 8 weights are required)
5. Record your final weight on the Tracking Form online by January 20 (only the weight difference from Week 1 to Week 7 will be reported)
Monday, October 10, 2016
Friday, September 23, 2016
This article from the American Council on Exercise takes a look at types of dietary fat, what the differences are between them and in what foods you can find them: I want to learn more!
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Food Trends: Try New Flavors!
When is the last time you incorporated a new food into your diet? We often hear about nutrition trends and the latest fads about what is best to eat. Here are three foods containing major health benefits which are truly worth incorporating into your diet. Click here to find out more...